Today Shall Be An Irregular Ode



What should I say today?
That I'm fat and depressed, that I wouldn't get dressed if it weren't for my children that need me.
Well, they do,
So I get up every morning to train them and feed them, to clothe them and teach them
On way more subjects than a standard school would.

And I cry out to my God who provides me with the strength that I need,
Because my husband, you see, refuses to lead me in the ways that I need him.
Instead, he barks and berates and still I obey the laws that my God put forth.
As I took a vow to follow this man through all of his plans,  Though,
I never did see the treacherous paths and traps that would eat me.

And although I think I've grown stronger, as one of God's soldiers, in the trenches of spiritual warfare,
Still I am tired of walking the wire that my imperfect man puts forth.
And should I ever trip, falter or tire, no rest will he ever provide,
Just a slanderous slaughter of words with desire to hurt me. 

So I'll get down on my knees to the Christian God that loves me
And there I will beg Him for wisdom.
"Please Lord, not another day can I go with this fervorous foe
Whipping his venomous tongue
This unbeliever's bent to break me!"

Then the God I desire, takes all of my "tried", and fills where my husband is lacking.
He tells me I'm strong, to stand up and go on,
For I have a purpose – one is those little children He gave me.
Broken-hearted and burdened,
I place my soul and my land into His right hand
Knowing its only He that can heal me.