Wonky Vision and The Wandering.



I have spoken about putting on the full armour of God before, because it is of vital importance. When we ignore this scriptural command, most assuredly we will suffer from wonky vision, becoming prone to wandering, finding ourselves caught in the sand trap.

Ephesians 6:10-18


 "Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil."

It is how we are enabled to cope successfully with the more powerful enemies ~ this includes oneself.


So it is said, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might;

Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;

And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;

Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.

And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:
Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints. 


_________________________________________________________________________________

You know, I do thank God that I am not a habitual denier, nor am I prone to victimising myself "oh woe is me", which I think are two personality traits that keep us from growing closer to God. 

But what I am is a hopeless wanderer...like a space cadet. And I am foolishly headstrong (Proverbs 12:15) when I find a pleasure, even when I know it's taking up my time better spent in worship or study...We are talking about watching 6 seasons in a consecutive row of Star Trek's Voyager, I'm not kidding, I keep on it. I ignore and suppress the Holy Spirit.

Really, it's not cute. It is the equivalent of telling Him "shut up, I'm busy".  Do you see!?  Do you see the great wrong in something most would laugh off, and dismiss, cause you know ~ "everyone does it once in a while." 

Grieving the Holy Spirit should be wept over, not swept under the rug. 

And sometimes...Sometimes, even when our hearts long to seek God, the distractions of life can draw us away from Him and His Word. But we MUST be vigilant...our enemies are! We know they wish to devour us, they...one in particular: our own flesh

Paul knew this all too well; he writes in Romans ~ "I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my flesh; for I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For I do not do the good I want to do. Instead, I keep on doing the evil I do not want to do." It is the fallen condition of man;

Prone to wander, Lord, I feel it,
Prone to leave the God I love;
Here’s my heart, O take and seal it,
Seal it for Thy courts above.  ~ Robert Robinson 1757

When you find yourself in the sand trap as I have, remember, Jesus broke our chains that we might concur our sin. 

Cry out when in this place "Arrest my heart from its reckless path O' Lord!"


“Let us burst their bonds apart and cast away their cords from us.”
Psalm 2:3 

And Thank Him that our tendency to wander is matched by His willingness to pursue.



"For the builders, every one had his sword girded by his side..."
Nehemiah 4:18 

Stand and Continue to Build with Vigilance



 

Comments