Mothers Dont Let Your Girls Grow Up to Play Ouija

 
A few days ago I was at Wawa, for those who have not been blessed with living in Philadelphia (lol...double-edged sword) and do not know what Wawa is; it is thee best, most Awesome, most convenient convenience store EVER. So, as I stood in line I stared at a highschooler that adorned herself with an Ouija backpack complete with a dangling planchette. While I waited for the teller to complete his transaction I just could not help but think of my past and all of the sorrow that surrounded me while being involved in the occult. How I thank God for rescuing me from a pit I didn't even know I was in, sinking deeper and deeper into the mud, which one day would have suffocated me. I just thought, if the stores (I'm sure Spencer's) would have sold that bag when I was young, I diffidently would have owned it. And that is sad. I do not wish to rehash all of my spiritual oppressions nor do I wish to tell you all of my past sins, but let me just say, that I was horribly afraid of the dark all of my unsaved life, and I have done some serious ungodly things. I got involved with the Ouija board when I was in middle school.  I now know the great deceptions of demons and I believe that there is a Satan who was the Angel Lucifer, and you can not defeat him, you will never break bondage from him without God Almighty and his Awesome gift of Saving Grace.  I also know that most people have very little historical knowledge of demons, spirits and the occult.  Revealingly, what people know comes from Hollywood and their extension the music industry. And that is exactly where I got started. 

This is why I think it necessary to warn mothers.

Please, don't be foolish enough to think that because you and your husband create a good and stable home environment, teaching your children right from wrong that this will never happen, after all, you would never buy your child this board. You don't have to, your kid's friend's mom bought her little girl a Hasbro My Little Kitty Ouija Board for Christmas last year. You know, my Mom and Dad were really good parents, they loved us completely, giving me and my brothers the best education they could afford and took us on family trips whenever they could, I was taught right from wrong. But all it takes is a little spoiling, paired with a rebellious heart and some ignorance of subject on the parent's side and BAM!...a child will get into anything they put their mind to.   

So let us be warned...



  "See to it that no one takes you captive by philosophy and empty deceit, according to human tradition, according to the elemental spirits of the world, and not according to Christ." Colossians 2:8






"Let no one disqualify you, insisting on asceticism and worship of angels, going on in detail about visions, puffed up without reason by his sensuous mind, and not holding fast to the Head, from whom the whole body, nourished and knit together through its joints and ligaments, grows with a growth that is from God." Colossians 2:18.19   

Teach these verses to your children. Teach them of spiritual dangers.  The Smithsonian asks the question, " Is the Ouija Board a tool of the devil, a harmless family game or a fascinating glimpse into the non-conscious mind?" And I would respond that it is anything but harmless, whether it be the earlier or the latter, really it matters not.  That fact that this strange board has been cited to have been around for as far back as 1100 AD really should not surprise anyone. Since the great majority of people believe in an afterlife and a great majority of people fear it, because the great majority of people are not believers of the One True God who promises everlasting life to those who profess faith in Jesus, and by faith, the Bible is clear - it is not a simple belief, where you can say with one side of your mouth that you believe but with the other your able to gossip, blaspheme, lie and boost in your own prideful accomplishments. True faith, it is pistis in Greek which is a strong word; that is like a conviction or belief respecting man's relationship to God and divine things, generally with the included idea of trust and holy fervour born of faith and joined with it. Because there is a difference between faith only and saving faith, for it is told that even demons believe, confessing Jesus as Lord - James 2:19 and  Mark 1:24.25. In John 12:42-43 we see; many believed but would not confess the name of Jesus. Why do I state this? For some, it is a given, a known. For others, this will anger or my post will be pushed aside. But I say Examine your Faith Test yourselves to see if you are in the faith; examine yourselves! Or do you not recognize this about yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you - unless indeed you fail the test? 2 Corinthians 13:5 

Do this because you need to be sober, and vigilant; because, your adversary the devil is as a roaring lion who walks about seeking whom he may devour. 1 Peter 5:8 

And if you the parent having put on the full amour of God, you will not only protect your young that you have devoted to God, but you will teach them to arm themselves.  


Woe to mother who sends their child amidst the wolves without so much as a shield, it too would be better they had a sword.





For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in heavenly places.
 






This is about so much more than an Ouija board. We are in a war for our children's Souls. Do not let down your guard, talk to your children about the things of God. Deuteronomy 6:7 tells us "And you shall teach them diligently unto your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise up." 

And I will leave you my friends, my sisters in Christ Jesus with this; Blessed is the one who reads aloud the words of this prophecy, and blessed are those who hear it and take to heart what is written in it, because the time is near.
                                            Revelation 1:3

                              

Comments